Monday, September 11, 2006

The benefits of water.

I really love being in water. My special physiotherapist explained that the pressure of water helps to bring about a balance between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. I think it's because it calms the sympathetic system. She said water's best for this condition at 33degrees. I know 22-24 degrees is less than ideal but I love swimming in summer and I figure the endorphin raising power of having fun wins out.

Another thing I've discovered about water is that if I'm having whole body nerve firing and I drink a full big glass of water, it settles. I'm not sure why but it works for me.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D