Thursday, September 07, 2006

Pacing works for me

I've found, as have many others, that if I'm feeling a less shitty or a bit energetic, I go like the clappers at doing "whatever" only to pay for it later by nerves firing wildly, agitation and aching like I'm running a fever. I'm cope far better if I pace myself, do what I want to do but take longer about it. I don't sit too long, stand too long, walk too far (without a break), use the computer too long, hold things too long. You get the picture. I wanted to make a dozen tea towels. One day I measured, next I cut, next I washed, next I ironed etc until after 3 weeks I had a dozen beautiful white teatowels. Now I'm making a bird bath out of hebel. I spend 10 minutes or so at a time, couple of days break and 10 more minutes. I'll take a picture when it's finished. I've decided not to get frustrated about how much I can or can't do but be happy with the doing.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D