Monday, October 09, 2006

Don't worry! Be happy! Important for managing complex regional pain syndrome.

Don't worry! Easier said than done but it's well known that stress makes all pain worse. I've found that I have to make myself let go of things that I would normally worry or be annoyed about. Not the major stuff, just the little day to day things that can get me down or make me cranky. Making a conscious decision not to dwell on things takes an effort especially when I feel justified in being upset or anxious. But feeling this way just makes me stressed and stress ramps up pain so in the end I suffer and the suffering isn't worth it.

Be happy! I make a conscious effort to seek happiness. I watch funny TV, pat my dog, love my husband, laugh with my children on the phone, ride my bike, walk along the beach wading in the water, laugh with a neighbour, share a cuppa. I also choose to look for positives in situations but I think I should avoid the news which tends to focus on gloom and doom. Endorphins are raised when we're happy. Complex Regional Pain Syndrome is a depressing condition and it takes a real effort to focus on the positives in life. I have to avoid beeing sucked down with pain and keep a conscious determination to rise above it. Life is for living. We get one go at it and I don't intend to waste it. The motto of one of the school where I 've taught was "LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL!" I plan to do just that.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D