Wednesday, December 27, 2006

For the first time I've had one flare up settle without another immediately taking its place.

For the first time yesterday a flare up, namely the whole left side complicated by the Blue Bottle sting, resolved without another taking its place. Usually if eg my shoulder settles, the back burning becomes suddenly very intense and continues until something else takes over. So on a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly basis I've been swinging from one area to another. At the same time I have general all over pain and stiffness when I initiate movement. This stiffness is worse if I've been in one position for more than 20 minutes. So I am very restless.

Well, yesterday I was in general pain but relatively comfortable for the first time in a long, long time. I had a very pleasant day and even dozed for 20 minutes in the afternoon, sheer bliss. I don't sleep in the day as my blood pressure drops and I find it very hard to be upright without feeling dizzy and sick as it takes a long time to get it up to normal again.

I am speculating that, as the only thing that I did differently was to take vitamin C, maybe vitamin C was beneficial in preventing the transferance of pain perception to another area.

There is so much we don't know about complex regional pain syndrome. I encourage others to write down what works for you and maybe look for a pattern.

My plan is to tackle the symptoms using a combination of things eg mirrors, exercise, breathing and now vitamin C. My hope is to erode back the symptoms, or at the very least manage them better. So far it seems to be working.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D