Thursday, January 25, 2007

Eating smart - putting plans into action.

Today I spent time with a dedicated dietitian. I told her about my plan to increase antioxidants, in particular vitamin C, in my diet. We both discovered that it isn't easy to find the information I want but I've come home with a list of foods in serving size stating the amount of vitamin C, and also giving mg of vitamin C per 100mg of food.

This list contained. many processed food or cooked food. I would have liked more, and more varied fresh food. However it's a beginning.

Later today the dietitian emailed me about recent research listing over 1000 common foods and their antioxidant values. This is what I'm after.


Now I need to know how to get a copy of the results of this study so that I can look at what I do now and how I can adapt what I already do so that I can have a more nutrient rich diet.


1 comment:

Rainbow422@aol.com said...

Ok here we go! I found the Link to the AJOCN but there is a fee to join and I cannot find the information on the site.

http://www.nutrition.org/

However, it looks like there are alot of hits on Google regarding the article. I only clicked on three but the Asian site (3rd one), seems to have some information that may help. Let me know how you make out...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=ferric+reducing+ability+of+plasma+%2B+July+2006+of+the+American+Journal+of+Clinical+Nutrition

Rain :)

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D