Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's really hard to get the balance of "enough" and "too much - pay for it" right.

I am the last person to be sanctimonious about doing all the right things. Managing the symptoms and pain of complex regional pain syndrome is hard work. It's too easy to think "just get on with your life". This doesn't work for me and I suspect a lot of other people. Getting the balance between doing everyday things and physical therapy and social and other family activities is almost walking a tight rope. I don't like to have to pace myself, even though I know it's the best thing. I am embarrassed when I lose concentration when people are talking to me. I don't want to tell people "don't overload me with too much information. Take it slowly and have breaks so I can absorb what you say." I feel dumbed down and I don't take medication like many others. It must be so much worse for them. Like most if not all of us, I'm very much over this.

I might look at the list again and see if I can get focused. Even though I'm a bit down today, I know that I'm coping better and that the mirror work I'm doing really does work.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D