Friday, January 12, 2007

Rainbow's easy prune recipe.

Rainbow from the US posted a comment with this great recipe for prunes using a slow cooker or crockpot. I'm going to collect the ingredients and give it a go. Thanks Rainbow.

List of Ingredients
3 cups quick-cooking oats
2/3 cup honey (clover)
1 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup oil
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
1 Cup chopped Pecans (unsalted)
1/2 cup dried raisins
1/2 cup chopped SUNSWEET DRIED prunes

Recipe
Combine all ingredients except cranberries/raisins and dates in the crock-pot. Cook on LOW with lid slightly ajar for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Cool and add fruit. Store in airtight jars. Use within 1 to 2 weeks. Makes about 6 cups.

I stored in vacuum sealed Food saver bags

I'll take a photo when I make it and post it here.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D