Thursday, March 29, 2007

Controlled breathing helps with symptoms of complex regional pain syndrome.

life is bliss! Most days I walk along our pristine beach looking across to Cape Byron lighthouse where whales display, breach and whack their huge pectoral fins playfully as they journey south.
Thursdays we go to the growers' market in Byron where we replenish our stocks of fresh organic fruits, nuts, vegies, meat, fish and my personal favourite, sourdough fruit and nut bread. When I work out how to post photos I'll share this with you. A trip to Byron, 15 minutes from home, is never complete without a visit to the Cape, Australia's most easterly point. The Cape has a special feel which draws people there again and again. Sometimes we drop in to Wategoes or The Pass before heading back to town for a coffee. Friday we are back in Byron, this time for yoga exercises and breathing with a very special physiotherapist. This lady's taught me something which has helped greatly. In essence, if you breathe out twice as long as you breath in you'll support the parasympathetic nervous system. This has a calming effect both emotionally and physically. I can reduce my blood pressure by 20 points in 15 minutes of breathing this way.

This works for me. Seek the advice of treating professionals.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D