Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My home made multigrain bread and fruit bread.

I cheat a bit with this bread because Laucke makes a great bread machine mix.
My preferred base is German Grain which the two back left loaves are.
The other breads have Multigrain Bread mix as the base.
Into a large bowl place
  • 650gms bread mix
  • 2tbs burgal wheat
  • 1-2tbs wheatgerm
  • 1-2tbs natural bran
  • 2 1/2 tsp dried yeast
  • 400ml warm water
Using a dough hook I knead the dough for 5 minutes.
Then I place in an oiled bowl, turning over so that the dough gets a cover of olive oil.
Place a damp teatowl over and place in a warm place till it rises to twice its sixe.
Punch down and knead lightly. cut in half and form into two loaves.
Place in a baking tray. (Works best if you make two mixtures so that four loaves fit into a baking tray. Allow to double in size. Bake in an over at 220 degrees until brown and sounds hollow when you tap on the crust. Bake for 25 minutes. Yum.

To make my fruit and nut bread I add a heaped tsp of mixed spice, nutmeg and cinnamon to the flour before kneading. I also add an extra 1/2tsp dried yeast. I knead a cup of macadama nuts (or pecan etc), quartered figs and appricots and raisin or sultanas (about 1 1/2 cups in total) into the dough after dividing in two.
This makes a delicious nutty, spicy, chunks of fruit bread.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D