Saturday, June 16, 2007

Quinoa breakfast for two.

Today I cooked quinoa for breakfast. I didn't have a recipe but it turned out quite delicious and very filling.
  • 2/3 cup quinoa and twice as much liquid. I used skim milk but milk and water or just water would do.
  • two good handfulls of dried fruit. I used my wolfberries and currents mix.
  • nuts and seeds. I usd walnuts and pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
  • Bring to the boil and reduce heat.
  • Cook for about 15 minutes, stiring occasionally. Mine did not catch in the pot.
  • Liquid should be completely absorbed.
  • Serve with more milk or yoghurt, fresh fruit or a little honey if desired.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D