Monday, July 09, 2007

Looking at ways to minimise the risk of developing CRPS.

In my last post I was looking at possible predictors for development of crps. My principal reason for doing this is to assess if my children could be at risk. In my opinion there is enough to suggest that they could possibly be at risk. Now I am determined to look at ways of minimising any possible risk.
Zollinger PE, Tuinebreijer WE, Kreis R, Breederveld RS. Effect of vitamin C on frequency of reflex sympathetic dystrophy in wrist fractures: A randomized trial. Lancet 1999;354:2025-8. found that taking Vitamin C after surgery produced a significant reduction in pain in CRPS after surgical correction of Colles' fracture.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D