Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sleep deprivation also affects the brain.

Researchers at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, New Zealand Occupational & Environmental Health Research Centre and Department of Preventative and Social Medicine, University of Otago, Dunedin New Zealand have discovered that moderate amounts of sleep deprivation significantly affect a persons speed and accuracy in performing tests.

After five wonderful night's sleep I hardly slept at all last night. Burning back and repeated cramps mean I'm in a reasonable amount of pain. This added to the lack of sleep probably explains why it took five attempts to send an email to my friend who gave me a new email address to type into my address book. After four returned emails I took a longer time and was more careful about retyping the email for the fifth try. Then I had a long lie in my hammock in the winter sun. I decided to listen to my body and chill out awhile.


No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D