Monday, July 09, 2007

Something to ponder.

I've looked at possible predictors for developing crps in the previous posts. Now I would like to share my thoughts on another possible factor which might explain why a person develops crps from an inciting event but not at other times and other events. In my own case I was under a high amount of stress at the time of my accident in which I broke my wrist. I had just moved house (three days), started a job in a new place (two days) and had a migraine at the time of my fall. I fell into a dark stairwell which for me was a shock, more stress. I had also been under some stress for the weeks preceding the accident. I think that I most likely had a raised level of free radicals due to the ongoing stress. I was unaware of the need to eat foods high in antioxidants to deal with free radicals and wasn't taking any vitamins or supplements. You can see where I'm going here. Is it possible that a raised level of free radicals and/or stress could be another risk factor for the development of complex regional pain syndrome after an inciting inciting event?
Something to ponder.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D