Monday, November 12, 2007

Making choices is empowering.

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome involves unrelenting pain to different degrees, throughout the days. It's easy to feel out of control. It's frightening and the future can seem bleak.

For me each time I make a conscious decision about something I give myself control.
I did not make a conscious decision not to take pain medication. I had no choice. Now I'm grateful that it happened that way as I do not have the side effects of meds. That's a blessing.

It took me a long time to feel there was something I could make a conscious decision about, but now
  • I choose to exercise.
  • I choose to use a heat pack or chilli cream.
  • I choose to soak in an epson salts bath.
  • I choose to do guided imagery (Recognize)
  • I choose to do mirror therapy.
  • I choose to control my breathing to activate the parasympathetic nervous system.
  • I choose to eat smart.

I've made many more conscious decisions and with each conscious decision I become empowered. I know why I make the choices I do and I believe they will help me cope better with the pain and symptoms of crps.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D