Saturday, April 26, 2008

Capsaicin (chili) cream breaks down substance p and eases the pain of CRPS/RSD.

Over the years I have had pain due to CRPS. Things have improved greatly for me but at times when burning returns I use chilli (Capsaicin) cream. I rub the chili cream in until it disappears. I make my own cream as I'm allergic to something in prepared cream. The active ingredient in chile is Capsaicin which breaks down substance p. Substance p is a neurotransmitter . Nerve cells communicate using neurotransmitters. so substance p's basic function is to cause pain. As the body continues to make substance p you need to keep applying the cream.

Science links Japan have reported results that a trial of Capsaicin cream was successful for use as supplementary pain control for patients suffering from trigeminal neuralgia and CRPS.
Medline also reports on the successful use of topical agents including Capsaicin cream for the treatment of neuropathic pain. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/431465

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D