Sunday, November 09, 2008

Research suggests possible prevention of migraine with vitamin B2

Migraine pain is believed to originate from inflammation of the blood vessels in the brain. Theories about the exact cause of inflammation range from nervous system malfunctions to an imbalance of certain chemicals in the brain.

The study using vitamin B2 (riboflavin) to prevent migraine - published in the European Journal of Neurology (2004;11:475-7)- investigated the effect of high-dose riboflavin on migraine frequency, duration, and intensity in 23 people aged 20 to 65.

Participants suffered fewer migraines and those they had were of shorter duration.


I was advised several years ago to try this. I use less than the amount suggested in the research. In my case I rarely have migraines now and those I do have are for less time and lesser intensity. I also no longer have visual field loss which was attributed to vascular spasm migraine.

If interested in this it is wise to consult with your doctor first. Self medication can be dangerous.Supplementing with high-dose vitamin B2 (riboflavin) may help prevent migraines, according to recent research.

Click on the post title for the link to the research.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D