Sunday, January 11, 2009

Consequences of not sticking to the plan.

Like everyone else with chronic problems, I struggle sometimes to stick to the plan. Over the holiday season I haven't kept to my routine of controlled breathing several times a day, pacing and not overdoing things. It's been a lovely, busy time with friends and family visiting. However, unfortunately I've had the consequence of my blood pressure becoming very unstable again with the result that I was unconscious with grazed head on the bathroom floor last Monday morning.

Complex regional pain syndrome causes a disturbance of the autonomic nervous system. This is seen when we sweat inappropriately, have colour/temperature changes to limbs etc. In my case I also get very unstable blood pressure, called dysautonomia. I get very high and very low blood pressure. It's very low BP that causes me to pass out. It's thought that I could get sympathetic exhaustion. Overdoing things has a greater result than would normally happen.

I went to my GP who said my BP was high 180/100. He did laser acupuncture and then took my BP again. It dropped to 160/96. He put Yamamoto New Scalp Acupuncture needles in and I went home. After and hour my BP returned to normal. It does not just return to normal, it stabilizes.
I had another treatment on Thursday because on Friday I was to have a knee arthroscopy.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D