Like everyone else with chronic problems, I struggle sometimes to stick to the plan. Over the holiday season I haven't kept to my routine of controlled breathing several times a day, pacing and not overdoing things. It's been a lovely, busy time with friends and family visiting. However, unfortunately I've had the consequence of my blood pressure becoming very unstable again with the result that I was unconscious with grazed head on the bathroom floor last Monday morning.
Complex regional pain syndrome causes a disturbance of the autonomic nervous system. This is seen when we sweat inappropriately, have colour/temperature changes to limbs etc. In my case I also get very unstable blood pressure, called dysautonomia. I get very high and very low blood pressure. It's very low BP that causes me to pass out. It's thought that I could get sympathetic exhaustion. Overdoing things has a greater result than would normally happen.
I went to my GP who said my BP was high 180/100. He did laser acupuncture and then took my BP again. It dropped to 160/96. He put Yamamoto New Scalp Acupuncture needles in and I went home. After and hour my BP returned to normal. It does not just return to normal, it stabilizes.
I had another treatment on Thursday because on Friday I was to have a knee arthroscopy.
crps/rsd related articles
- Nursing Patients with CRPS/RSD
- Vitamin c and CRPS 2010
- Cleveland Clinic link - twin research
- Complex Regionaal Pain Syndrome and identical twins.
- Familial occurance of CRPS.
- Headache a risk factor for CRPS.
- Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and CRPS
- Brain change in chronic CRPS -Neuron
- Vitamin c as preventative for CRPS - Netherlands study 2007
- Vitamin C and CRPS study ARC Bristol
- BestBETs Best Evidence Topics - Hydrotherapy for Comples Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) of the foot and ankle
- Neurotopian - Matthias Weinberger's fantastic blog.
- hope-4crpsrsd - a Christian support group
- podcast - Australian Native Fruits bear sweet antioxidants.
- Explain Pain - David Butler's blog
- CRPS/RSD and Dentistry
- HTCwP - brain control of movement is altered in CRPS - study
- HTCwP - Self Compassion or Self Esteem
- Neuromatrix Training Blog
- Neurodynamics - Physical and Neural Health Blog
- Explain Pain Blog
- JB & JS report - Can Vitamin C Prevent Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in Patients with Wrist Fractures?
- Matthais Weinberger's interview on "how to Cope with Pain" website.
- How to Cope with Pain - Ketamine Coma treatment for CRPS/RSD
- RSDHope - DVD set of three
- North Western University Feinburg School of Medicine "Old Memory Traces May trigger chronic pain."
- HOw to Cope with pain How Pain Affects Families -Tony's story.
- Prevention.com article -"Natural-Born Pain Killers"
- Brain control altered in movement with CRPS -How to Cope With Pain
- How to Cope With Pain - Asking for help.
- Hooshmand and Physical Therapy Part I
- Hooshmand and Physical Therapy Part II
- How to Cope with Pain on Recognize - Here's a way to get ready to move - with less pain.
- American Pain Foundation Booklet: Treatment Options - A Guide for People Living in Pain
- Preventing CRPS after surgery - International Research Foundation for RSD/CRPS
- How to Cope with Pain - great questions about Graded motor movements
- How to Cope with Pain - Recognize podcast
- How to Cope with Pain - Graded motor imagary
- How to Cope with Pain - Think & move & your pain will improve.
- How to Cope with Pain - CRPS - Can mirrors help?
- RSD Canada Online Survey Questionnaire
- For Grace web site
- For Grace Utube site
- How to Cope With Pain - Can mirrors help?
- Noi Group Australia
- Support groups help you cope with pain - HTCWP interview by National Pain Foundation
- How to Cope with Pain Mindfulness video from Utube.
- "How to Cope with Pain's" hilarious video.
- Jason's RSDS/CRPS News & Information blog
- BBC UK News - Vitamin C /crps study - "Mystery pain left me in a wheelchair"
- Dr Moseley's interview on How to Cope with Pain site.
- Virtual Reality as a Rehabilitative Technology for Phantom Limb Experience.
- UK mirror box therapy site.
- Ramachandran's mirror box video
- My interview on "How to Cope with Pain" website.
- Napp Pharmaceuticals donate mirror boxes - WebWire article
- How to Cope with Pain: A guide to coping with pain.
- Hooshmand and Physical Therapy Part II
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D