Thursday, March 05, 2009

Fraud Case Rocks Anesthesiology Community- Please read this important post.

I have posted about the importance of preventing complex regional pain complications after surgery or dental work. I've posted link's to RSD Foundation's information and video about the recommendation of Professor Scott Reuben. I sent the link to this information to my anesthesiologist before I had a recent arthroscopy.

Today I received information that Professor Scott Reuben has been investigated. I encourage you to take the time to read this article in the Anesthesiology News
http://www.anesthesiologynews.com/index.asp?section_id=3&show=dept&ses=ogst&issue_id=486&article_id=12634

All I can say is perhaps it is unwise to throw the baby out with the bath water. The premise of what he suggests may be sound. Like other web sites I have removed relevant links and posts until more is known.

We put our trust in doctors. This appears to be a serious betrayal of trust and extremely distressing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some of those meds this fraud promoted was thrust onto my wife who stopped taking them because they made her sick. She has RSD. I printed that story and handed over to my wife's doctor who then got angry all of a sudden and was very short with my wife. Now I'm angry!

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D