Monday, May 18, 2009

Creativity is an importing part of who I am.

Today I gave my good friend and neighbour this, one of my favourite bags. There is great pleasure in giving and making people happy.

As part of my journey I've had to redefine who I am - my ikigai. I'm not the person I was before falling down 13 stairs in 1998. One of the hardest things for me was to accept I can no longer do fine art. My right wrist is permanently stiff with limited movement. I have difficulty holding a pencil to draw a line. Now I've discovered I can use a sewing machine and have had great joy making bags for family and friends. Today I plan to finish two more, one for a friend who is a singer with a band, the other, a smaller one for a friend who is ill. The first is wild with sequins skulls and roses, the second more refined.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D