Sunday, September 13, 2009

Online courses - keeping the brain active.

There's now so much evidence to support the importance of retraining the brain to help with chronic pain. It's also important, I believe, to keep our brain active. (Let's not also forget the benefits of distraction from pain.) Playing games and puzzles is good. I've read that it's better to vary the activity to keep the experience fresh. Doing new types of things such as studying a language can provide a good brain workout. I'm going to Vietnam later in the year and am trying to learn some Vietnamese. It's been a while since I studied but I'm enjoying being able to take things at my own pace.

I think there's a lot to be said for on line courses as a way of keeping our brains active. I think being able to take things at your own pace is one of the advantages of online courses.
Some online courses that might also challenge are an online accounting degree or an online psychology degree.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D