Monday, September 14, 2009

Pain - the invisible illness

Although some with chronic pain have visible signs such as walking aids, braces etc, most to all intents and purposes look no different from anyone else. This can be both a blessing and a curse. I know that we don't want our pain to be visible to others, but at the same time, the fact of having pain can make every day things so difficult and we'd like others to realize.

I'm in remission now for over 2 months but the memory is vivid. I wrote this short poem I'll share with you.

Wishing and hoping and planning,
Not dreaming.
Watching and waiting and pacing,
Not scheming.
Each time I go out,
Hoping there is no one about.

Wishing and hoping and planning,
To make it.
Watching and waiting and pacing,
Can't take it.
A trip to the shop
Should not be so hard to cop.

But when each day comes
I know I'll be strong
So you won't see

That I'd rather be
Wishing and hoping
And planning and dreaming
Racing , not pacing
I'd be pain free.


1 comment:

Belle said...

So beautifully written Jeisea. I have to say that I have tears in my eyes as I can so relate to this touching poem. Bless you dear one for sharing this with all of us. Never give up that HOPE.

hUgz 2 U my dear friend,
Belle

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D