Saturday, February 13, 2010

Another look at my list of what has helped me with pain and symptoms of crps/rsd.

I'm in remission now but I have this blog as a reference if I have a problem again. One of the most helpful things for me was this list.

With CRPS/RSD I have learned to take one day at a time. Many things have helped in in my journey to wellness.
Having breaks between major flare ups is a blessing and an indication that I'm on the right path. Here are some of the things I've found to help with pain and symptoms. Click on the links to find out more.

I am a sufferer not a professional. These things work for me about which I am very thankful. If you think something may help you check first with your treating practitioners.

2 comments:

Jiminy P said...

GREAT, GREAT list.

I would add 2 more possibilities

Vitamin D3 -- get your level checked. Vitamin D actually a steroid and an immune modulator -- it helps turn on the immune system when it is needed and turn it off when the immune system is in danger of running off like wildfire. I've been taking 10,000 IU daily (it takes 40 IUs to make a MICROGRAM -- 1,000 MICRGRAMS to a milligram so my dose is 250 MICROGRAMS which equals .25 milligrams -- so what sounds like a huge dose is a little dose. Vitamin D deficiency is widespread -- and it has huge, huge health impacts.

Grape seed extract -- Vitamin C works in a protective role because it is an antioxidant and can stop runaway inflammation caused by the nerve's immune system through the glial cells before it gets started. Grape seed is the most potent anti-oxidant ever, about 100 times more powerful than Vitamin C. It builds capillaries and has been proven to help wound healing.

Thank you for your wonderful website.

jeisea said...

Thanks for your comment Jimmy.
I've read that vitamin D deficiency is a problem in some areas. I live in a place where we are more at risk of sun overexposure so not such an issue here. I'll copy your comment and post it so that others can benefit by your suggestions. I'll also look into grape seed. Thanks for information. Sharing what works or helps not only expands our knowledge. It also empowers us. Your comment is appreciated.

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D