Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Great comment by Heidi on my last post about the website "Body In Mind".


Anonymous Heidi said...
We are feeling all loved up - thanks Jeisea. It's been a great journey for us, we're celebrating our one year anniversary and the site looks and feels very different to when we first started out. The collaboration especially is something that we feel is really adding to the community. Lorimer wrote something recently which captured the feeling: We want to better facilitate and disseminate credible clinical science research. The motivation lies in our brief as scientists – I reckon that the communication bit of science is the bit that often drags the chain of knowledge development and transfer. We want to communicate our science better. We want to side-step, or perhaps leap-frog, the arduous journey that new discoveries make before they have the opportunity to influence clinical practice. What does Body in Mind want to communicate, exactly? We settled on three ‘C’s: complexity, credibility and creativity. Complexity: We reckon humans are terrifically complex and that embracing this complexity will make for better clinical practice. Credibility: We want to provide information that is evidence-based where evidence exists, that clearly labels speculation as speculation and that is openly and without prejudice, peer-reviewed. Creativity: We reckon that the chasm that seems to exist between scientists and clinicians is a nuisance. We reckon that if we can bridge this chasm, we will establish a creative space in which scientists and clinicians trust each other and really start to solve some problems. I know, grand hopes. Still, hopes create opportunities, surely. Thanks again Heidi And thank you Heidi and your team.
Delete
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeisea,
My name is Kelsey Smith, I am a 29 year old who has had CRPS for about 6 months now which resulted from a surgery gone bad (lots of orthopedic issues too). Anyway, I love your blog and everything you talk about in terms of healing...and...I currently live in New York City, but I am moving to Sydney permanently (Manly more specifically) with my husband in 4 weeks. Because of this, I am reaching out to you to see if you have any advice of treatments, doctors, PT's, etc. that are in Australia. I am really interested in acupuncture and mirror therapy, but I know there is a lot out there on the subject of "retraining your brain".

I would be really interested to hear your thoughts if you have time! It is scary moving to a new county with such a big medical issue going on, but everyone promises me that Australia is the place to be for PT and I am pretty sure you guys are a lot more progressive on new techniques.

Would love get your perspective, my email address is kelseypm@hotmail.com

Thank so much...oh, and Byron Bay, that is my favorite place in Australia! Lucky you to live in such a tranquil location.

Very best,
Kelsey

jeisea said...

Hi Kelsey

Love to help you in any way I can. Please email me
jeisea2@gmail.com

You will just love Manly.
My blog http://byron-zone.blogspot.com/ has some photos of where I am.

Hope to hear from you soon.
jeisea

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D