Sunday, December 19, 2010

I've made a list and I'm checking it twice.

In the spirit of Christmas I'm happily busy preparing things for my family and friends. We live at the beach near Byron Bay so our Australian summer is a perfect time to share with those we love, great company, lazy days and good food. 

I'm in remission from CRPS now but have overdone things so I'm looking at my list as a reminder of how to look out for myself.

With CRPS/RSD I have learned to take one day at a time. Many things have helped in in my journey to wellness.
Having breaks between major flare ups is a blessing and an indication that I'm on the right path. Here are some of the things I've found to help with pain and symptoms. Click on the links to find out more.

I am a sufferer not a professional. These things work for me about which I am very thankful. If you think something may help you check first with your treating practitioners.

2 comments:

Usiku (oo-SEE-koo) said...

Remission is a wonderful state of being. It's that much closer to achieving final submission of the things that ail us. I've tried beets for the first time recently along with radishes, leeks and parsnips. It's interesting what beets can do according to one website.

Beets

I'm fortunate to also report that clean living, that has as one of it's pillars, food, has helped reduce the inflammatory symptoms of sarcoidosis in just one year. When we eat food everyday as a cornerstone of health care, it nourishes and nurses all of our systems leaving us only hungry for life.

jeisea said...

Couldn't agree with you more, Usiku. In fact you've inspired me to repost some of my "eat smart" posts.
Have you seen this info from Australian researchers on sarcoidosis? Part 1 & 2

http://www.sarcoidosis.com.au/Publications/Sarcoidosis%20Publications/Sarcoid%20Study%20Part%201.pdf

http://www.sarcoidosis.com.au/Publications/Sarcoidosis%20Publications/Sarcoid%20Study%20Part%202.pdf

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D