Sunday, December 26, 2010

nature provides little powerhouses in food

Majid Ali, Professor of Medicine, Associate Professor of Pathology and Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons England in his "Oxygen view of pain" author of 
Oxygen and Aging, Second Edition writes that some free radicals reduce the pain of complex regional pain syndrome by the action of the restoration of local oxygen homeostasis. (Homeostasis is the mechanisms that keep the cells surroundings constant even though your external environment is changing.) I've posted before about vitamin C and it's use to prevent cprs in patients with wrist fracture. I think there is still much to be learnt about the role of antioxidants in improving health. According to "better health, Victorian Goverment" some studies have indicated antioxidants are less effective when not as food. I think nature provides little powerhouses in food with nutritious unique combinations. Not content to wait for scientists to conduct further research I've decided to eat more antioxidant rich foods and check what I eat now to see if I can eat smart. Dates, cranberries and red grapes are among the top fruits for antioxidants on the basis of concentration (antioxidants per serving size).

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D