Saturday, May 21, 2011

Interesting newly published Pub Med study - Proprioceptive signals contribute to the sense of body ownership.

I'm interested in proprioception and body ownership since I've had several times when CRPS was an issue and I'd lost my sense of where my body parts were. One example was when one night in bed in the dark when I went to scratch my left arm with my right hand. My original injury which caused CRPS was a right colles wrist fracture. I kept hitting the bed and other places but could not locate my left arm no matter how hard I tried. I ended up turning on the light and practising looking and touching my arm until I relearned where it was. It was really wierd.

Walsh LD, Moseley GL, Taylor JL, Gandevia SC from Neuroscience Research Australia and University of New South Wales are responsible for this study, Proprioceptive signals contribute to the sense of body ownership.

No comments:

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D