Monday, March 12, 2012

Build resilience - preparation for difficult times.

I follow Dr Joe on twitter. He tweeted about his post by Bob Choat, How to increase resilience in order to come back from life's difficulties.
Recently I was reading that some people coped in extreme situations by mainting some element of control eg when being tortured they might determine not to allow themselves to cry out until they counted 30 seconds. The choice and control is then theirs and not solely determined by others.
Bob's article seems to give the same message, work out a plan and maintain control.
This has revelance for those with CRPS because from one day to the next we don't know how things may be for us. Making my list has helped me be prepared and take control. I have a plan and a variety of strategies to use to manage major flares. I encourage you to read Dr Joe's post and consider the value of being prepared and having a plan.

1 comment:

complex regional pain syndrome said...

It's great to hear that you continue to live in hope despite of CRPS. It's not always that easy but that's what you have to do. There is a growing community of people and doctors that are doing their best to help and come up with a cure.

Custom Search
Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.
http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/01/random-rotating-post-gadget-with.html#ixzz0KYNw8qB2&D